Friday 31 July 2009

Idea Thief!

Here's another little project I've worked on this week.  Kim has a whole basket of beautiful mini books so while I was here I thought I'd try some of her ideas.  This one is made mainly from shapes cut on the Slice, file tabs for the pages, cut at the largest size (4").......
I embossed each page using Cuttlebug embossing folders to add lots of texture.....
Each page is two pieces of card stuck together so I could use brads etc and the backs would be covered up.
The paper I used is all from the OA Detours collection, the colours were nice and bright (but not too bright) and the patterns suitably outdoorsy!
I only used a tiny bit of journalling to tie it together but the pics are so fun they kind of speak for themselves.
What I like most about this book is it's cute little size, it would make a sweet gift.  I have taken templates of the pages so I can make more. 
I really enjoyed making this, I've been in the mini book mood for ages but not been inspired so I'm really pleased I discovered this.  I took templates from a few other books so hopefully over the coming weeks I'll get a chance to make some more.

Thats all for now, back to nursing my snotty nose (again!)
B xx

No comments: