Thursday 12 January 2012

Something New

A few months ago, I was faffing around on Pinterest, as I so often do, and I suddenly became drawn in by several art journal pages.  It has always been something I never quite 'got' but I just suddenly was inspired by the experimental, messy, paintiness of it all!  I didn't want to get too carried away, after all I might not get on with it, so I bought a £4 journal type book from Paperchase and a pot of Gesso and decided to use whatever else I had in my craft room already.

I had also started pinning loads of different quotes that had struck a chord with me so I thought combining the two would be a great thing to do.  Anyway, enough waffle, here are the two pages I've done....

I know they are amateurish up to most peoples work but they are my style and I am pretty happy with them.  I have found them really therapeutic to do and can't wait to do more.

TFL xxxx

2 comments:

Tracee said...

Those look really nice, so glad you found something crafty to do!! Tx

Helen said...

Absolutely love the first one - great stuff. I don't know where I found ideas/inspiration before Pinterest!