Friday 6 January 2012

2011 A Round Up

So back at the beginning of January I shared this layout and my goals for the coming year.  I always go back to these at the end of the year and see how well I've done.  This year they were fairly simple but achievable.
 This was them.....
And on the whole I've done very well with them.

1. Get more DT work. This is one that I addressed almost immediately by joining the Banana Frog DT in January.  Unfortunately it ended a while back because my uni work had to come first but it was a great creative achievement.

2. To carry on doing well and enjoying my course.  Well I've managed that, I got through my first block placement and did very well, and I've just had a ball, this course is the best thing I've ever done.

3. Get through placements.  I think I covered that above!

4. Keep well.  Done....this year has definitely been my most well year since 2006, I've still had my moments but I'm definitely so much better.

5. Develop my scrapping style, scrap less but pay more attention to detail.  Developing my style is something I always strive to do as it keeps things fresh and interesting, this year as I have had so much less time to scrap I think I have tried to savour it more and have managed to pay much more attention to detail.

6.  Have fun and spend more time with my friends.  This one was more prominent in 2011 than I could have imagined. It has been an amazing year with my friends, with lots to celebrate, engagements, weddings, baby news.  New friendships were created that I know will last a lifetime.  Existing friendships have lead to new extended groups of friends who have provided some big laughs and really fun memories.  I have built friendships at uni that have proved to be so supportive and I know I wouldn't have got through the course without them.  Have also had so much fun with my family who continue to be as crazy as ever and certainly know how to have a good time!

So all in all I think I can safely say 2011 was a good one! 2012 promises to be such a huge year for me so I'll be back soon to share my plans for it xxxx

1 comment:

Jackie xxx said...

Happy New Year love. Wishing you all the very best for 2012 xx