Wednesday 23 September 2009

Come Back GoGo

I have my laptop back, yay!! Two days has felt like two weeks. I have so much to share with you and I'm not even going to apologise for the length of this post!

Firstly a layout with my Sept kit, I kept it quite simple as I just loved that paper and wanted to let it stand out. I'd been searching for the right paper for this photo of my best friend and me at my cousins wedding and I think this one sets it off nicely.

Next, my first LO with BB Flirty, it's so bright and funky I just love it. I didn't do a title as such, just used the journalling bit from the elements sheet.


I added a couple of flowers for some 3D-ness! And some glossy accents for some shininess!

Now onto the fabulous day that was Saturday. Scrapagogo came to Bristol, we bought our tickets months back so it was so exciting that it had finally come around. The classes were as amazing as you would expect from the Gogo girls, and it was really brilliant to finally meet Janice and Lorraine, the DT and some fellow subbers who I've been chatting to online for ages. It's quite strange to walk into a room full of people you recognise but have never met but I just didn't wanna go home I could have chatted all day!

These pics weren't quite in the order I planned but this is a small amount of the stash I bought in the shop, it was a lovely treat to be able to do real life stash shopping. There were bargains galore and I'll share some more later.
A little detail of the day which I was just thought was so fab, and so very in the gogo spirit, were the gifts given to us by Helen, Lisa and Nicola after their classes and some freebies from L&J. I especially loved the handmade pin cushion from Lisa and needle book from Nicola. I am forever losing needles so this was the best gift!
So, onto the classes, I have only finished the LO's so far. I want to give plenty of thought to the mini books as they are so fab I wanna make sure I do them justice.
Firstly, Laura's class. It was great to be taught by Laura as I've admired her work for so long and followed her blog. Her class was called Chapter and Verse and was based on the idea of a timeline. She'll be pleased to see I've done my journalling, it's basically about how my future at the moment all depends on if I get into uni and if all goes to plan in three years from now I will have my first class.
It was funny though cos Laura pointed out that we didn't have a time machine so we couldn't do a photo for the future, but I apparently I did cos I wrote the date on the second photo as December 09!!!

Next is Lisa's class, I always admire Lisa's DT work each month so was great to have an insight to her style. This was based on circles, both physical and metaphorical, the photos were based on something that is a tradition or goes round, happens every year etc.
I was really pleased with the photos I had chosen, the colours went just well with the papers.
The kit for this class was jam packed with gorgeous things like mini alphas and stamps.
Another lovely touch was the blank cards include in the kits to use the leftovers on. I plan to do this soon so will share when I do.

And finally, Nicola's class. I have to say a massive thank you to Nicola from Me and Mum, we were so touched by all the preparation she did for this class, it made it really unique and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was all based on the idea of 'Fabric Fables' and Nicola had cut circles of fabric, stamped and stitched exclusive journalling cards, stitched borders and crocheted flowers and boy did they make for a great LO.
This photo is of Me and my dancing friends at a really big St Patricks Day event we took part in, in 1998, I was waiting for a new costume which unfortunately was not ready in time so I had to borrow one.
The attention to detail was amazing, I love this detail with the pattern paper.
That awesome journalling card......
And the cool Yo-Yo's that I will definitely be making more of.
Well I'm gonna shut up now, I'll be back soon with the progress of my projects from SJ and Helen's classes.
Thanks for sticking with me xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what wonderful lo's youve done:0)
you never know,i might be able to attend one of the gogo crops one day! :0)

tracy-lihanne

Janice said...

Hi Becki
We are so pleased you enjoyed our day event and the classes. It was lovely to meet you and everyone at last!

Love your interpretations of the classes - look forward to seeing the last two soon.

We hope that we can come to Bristol again sometime, but maybe not have that awful 8 hour journey to get there! LOL

Julia Dunnit said...

Looks and sounds like a great time. Your LOs are fab, look forward to the next bunch!

Rachael Elliott said...

Fab LOs!!! Love the LO with the Who, What etc down the side.