Wednesday 24 June 2009

Giraffes CAN Dance

I can't sleep. I had a busy day today and I didn't feel too exhausted afterwards but I should have known that I was storing up trouble and my sleep would suffer, I am so predictable. Ironic that a fatigue illness causes insomnia!

Anyway, today was our production at school, I was so proud, the children did so well. It really confirmed to me again that teaching is what I should be doing, it's just fantastic to do such lovely things with the children and see them up on the stage is so rewarding. I almost cried when the children presented me with a bunch of flowers for my help. The play was called Giraffes Can't Dance and the cast included Tigers that could tango (complete with a rose between the teeth!) Parrots that Cha-Cha and Rockin' Rhinos, the dancing was so sweet, they got lots of laughs and huge rounds of applause.

Back to scrapping, I started this layout last night. I am so loving the Early Bird papers by Cosmo Cricket. They are so beautiful, I will definitely be buying more of these. Unusally for me I picked the papers and cardstock before the photo. I loved this apple green and the papers looked fab with it so it was lucky that I found a photo that went so well.
It's hard to tell from the photo but I had my first experiment with silicone glue, so the flowers are at different levels. I was really pleased with the effect. I die cut the title from some glittery sticky sheets I had.

These arrived today......
More goodies from SJ's folksy shop (there is a link to her blog on my side bar) When I saw that she had these cupcake lovelies in her shop I had to have them and of course a couple of other bits 'fell' into my basket. The colours are so juicy and lovely and the quality is fab, I can't wait to use them.
I did another layout this eve, using a photo from our shoot on Friday night but I can't share it here yet a) because Sarah might see and I'm keeping the pics secret until her bday and b) cos it's about friendship so I'm submitting it for the next SI gallery. I will share as soon as I can though cos I am really pleased with it.
For what was gonna be a short post, I've waffled on for ages and I really should be trying to get some sleep!
TFL night xxx

1 comment:

Rachel said...

lovely layout, i cant get enough of this paper, cute cupcakes xx