Saturday 30 July 2011

July Blog Hop

Welcome to July's Banana Frog Blog Hop. This month's theme is 'Summer' and even though we haven't had much of it this month, I thought I'd bring you a sunny project!

As you may have realised by now, my very favourite Banana Frog Stamp set is 'Fireworks'. I had them before I joined the DT and they are the ones I easily use the most as they are so very versatile. This time I thought I'd turn them into a sun and make some journalling blocks for summery layouts or maybe to be included inside a travel journal.......
I simply stamped a large firework in yellow and a smaller one in orange to create a 'sun', then I stamped a title using 'Steelfish Outline'. I then handstitched a running stitch or back stitch around the edge in blue for a striking contrast.

These can easily be popped into a suitcase so you can journal as you go and add them to a holiday album on your return!

Thanks for visiting and you can now move on to fellow froglet Francine's blog.

Don't forget to leave comments as you go and be in with a chance of winning a set of stamps.

TFL xxx

9 comments:

Kirsti said...

Great idea for holiday journalling!! X

wendyp said...

love how you created the sun!!! great notecards!

Just_a_bean said...

What a great idea to take with you instead of making notes on scraps (which I usually end up doing!)

Wellington said...

Nice - we have no sun in here today, so these helped :D

Unknown said...

These are such a fab idea! Gorgeous!

Jimjams said...

These are lovely - I ♥ Steelfish outline stamps but I think I've got to get me a set of those firework stamps!

JulieJ said...

Lovely idea. I've just bought a sun punch, so I'd use that plus a notes stamp - sure I've got one somewhere.............

Anonymous said...

Graeat idea - lovely and summery!

Alisha said...

Great idea! The stitching adds a real touch of class. Thanks for sharing :D