Monday 12 July 2010

Special Guest

Now it's gone live, I can share with you the work I did for my Guest designer role for ATripDownMemoryLane. I have to be honest, the kit I was sent was something I would have never chosen, Capella from Basic Grey. The colours and patterns very traditional and not exactly me but I hope I have shown that you can be versatile and put your own twist on products.



Firstly I did a little home decor item.

One of the papers had a worn looking cream side so I used that to make some roses. I watered down some brown and pink shimmer mists to give them a soft aged look.

As the papers were vintage, I took the opportunity to scrap some more of Dad's childhood photos. I did this layout with a picture of Dad and Aunty Sue.

I stuck some of the element stickers onto card and cut them out so that I could pop them up on foam pads. I also added some glossy accents, I love to do this with stickers as it adds texture and puts your own mark on them.

I used one of the border stickers that I wasn't to keen on as a mask for the paint mist. I stuck it onto my clothing first so that it wasn't too sticky.

I had a lot of fun being a bit experimental and grungey with this one. I used some corrugated card, some dress pattern paper and some flicked paint mist to create lots of texture.

Again I popped the stickers up with foam pads for depth.

All in all I am pleased with what I produced and thoroughly enjoyed using the kit I was sent. Head over to ATDML to see what the DT members have done.


TFL xxx

1 comment:

Emma said...

Not my thing either, can't do a thing with Basic Grey! You did a great job though, love that sibling LO, cool misting