Thursday 17 June 2010

A Long Old Week

It's been a hectic and rather stressful week here. On Monday my nephew Jake had a 6.5 hour operation to straighten his spine with two titanium rods so it's been a week of worrying, waiting, babysitting his little brother and visiting. He's doing really well considering what he's been through and today he has really turned a corner, and has been moved from HDU to a normal ward.

Unfortunately though I have been unable to see him today as I have got a cold. I got to see him on Tuesday, (not for long after spending 40 mins trying to park!!) but he was still very drowsy and not really himself so I am pretty desperate to see him. The doctors are hopeful that he will be home in a couple of days so I am resting up and trying to fight this off so I can see him really soon. Until then I am so grateful for camera phones!!

Anyway, today I had a few hours at home so had a play with my June gogo kit that arrived on Tuesday. It's absolutely lush and I am really pleased that I went for some of the add on bits cos there are some fabby new things to try out. So these are the layouts....
This photo isn't great but was one of those times where I just had to record the story. Without scrapbooking I would have probably looked back and thought, that's a rubbish photo and forgotten about the story! I am loving the AC puffy shapes and the Zing embossing powder.
The second one is of my trip to Weston-Super-Mud at half term.
I used one of the puffy shapes as a mask with the Smooch Spritz. Those tickets are LUSH!!
Another close up....
Off for some sleep!
Night xxxx

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry to hear your poorly hun, hope you get over your cold soon. I really love these layouts they are fab! xxx

Sam said...

Loving the LO's Becky. Hope you feel better soon and little one is OK!