Monday 20 August 2012

Hens

I promised I'd be back to fill you in on more goings on from the last couple of months, so here I am!

At the beginning of July, it seems an age ago now, I helped to organise a hen weekend for my best friend Jen.  We hired the most beautiful converted barn in Dorset and had a lovely girly weekend of food, wine, pampering and partying.

I won't go into to much detail, there are far too many stories to tell.....to say it was eventful is an understatement! But for now I just want to share the craftiness!!

So my main job for the weekend was to organise the food.  All the hens chipped in a tenner and I am proud to say that for this I provided for 16 people, an evening meal, two breakfasts, a lunch, a sweet table and 8 bottles of wine!! Now that is good shopping!

Most of my creative energy went into the sweet table for the Friday night.....

There is a bit of a story behind the theme for the weekend......the bride chose her dress from the Disney princess collection by Alfred Angelo, and the princess in question just happened to be Tiana, you should have seen her face when I told her that was the Princess and the Frog!!! So we went with a purple and green colour scheme and lots of frogs!!

I made lilac and green Macarons, cake pops, dipped marshmallows, strawberries and 

pretzels, rice crispie squares, cupcakes, Beignets (a bit like doughnuts, Tiana's speciality in the film!) and Oreo pops.  I have to say it went down well with everyone!


I also made a little fridge magnet for each hen as a souvenir and a guestbook that we gave to Jen the night before her wedding but neither of which I have photos of!

Back with some wedding craftiness soon! xxx

No comments: