Thursday 19 November 2009

I Did It!!!

I'm having a lie in so I thought I'd update you lovely people of blogland. I have no voice and a bad cough so I didn't have a great nights sleep, sorry as you can tell I feel like I must justify my lie in!!!

It's been a really busy week, with lots of crafting and some big news. Firstly the news, I have just found out I got an interview at uni. I am so excited!! It's one week before Christmas so it'll be nice to get it out the way. It will be quite a rigorous day, with reading, writing and numeracy tests and a group interview but I'm quite confident. I've started some prep and all my experience gives me some good background knowledge too. So keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll update you in a month.

Onto crafting, I have been so busy, getting all my Christmas crafting finished as well as some scrapping, unfortunately I'm terrible at photographing my work at the moment so here is just a bit of it.

Firstly my Butterfly Crafts layout, the challenge was to scrap something that makes you happy. Here is my LO......

And a close up......
Another LO that I did using CC Nutmeg (again!) I do love that collection.
I really like this photo of me and Dad and the autumnal papers seemed to suit really well. Here's a close up but sorry about the sideways photo. I must thank Kirsty for the use of her Martha Stewart punch, I'm so glad I have one on my crimbo list!!
And then the November Gogo Kit. I wasn't sure about it til I saw it in the flesh, but the wonderful Janice and Lorraine have never dissappointed me yet with their fabulous choices and this month is no different.
This LO has a bit of a story behind it. When I got glasses my brother christened me 'Speks' and my neices and nephews caught onto it and have called me 'Auntie Speks' for the past 2 years. My neice calls me all sorts of names including 'Speckles' 'Spectacular' and 'Spectacles' so when I saw this in an opticians window I had to get a photo........
The 'eye test' style paper was too perfect for the picture.
I made the most of all the different letters in the kit for the title.
Anyway, lots to do today so I'd better get up now, I promise I will take some more photos and be back real soon with more updates.
B xxx

2 comments:

Kirsty @ Quirky Card Designs said...

Hey Becki,
Love, Love, Love all your pages!
It's amazing how you can convey so much of your personality and personal experiences in one page! You're such a talent, you shall have to teach me the wonder of your ways!

Looking forward to the 28th, shall bring 'Martha' along with me!

Claire Crompton said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you Beki, although you won't need it. Lovely layouts. Keep up the good work.

Cx