Tuesday 28 September 2010

In Tatters

I was really happy, after a while on a waiting list, to finally get my hands on a Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die. I knew it would just be a really useful tool to have and one that I'd use a lot so when it arrived I had to have a little play straight away!

I used some scraps of Sassafrass Indie Girl to make these little embellies. I have recently discovered Matte Mod Podge which is really useful for this kind of thing as it doesn't make it all shiny but gives it a good texture and protects it a bit more from wear and tear.
Ages ago I bought a little polystyrene ball as I had seen something that had inspired me but as it often goes, I never got round to doing that so instead I cut lots of flowers, scrunched and inked them and made this.
I think it'll make a sweet little pressie for someone.
TFL xx

2 comments:

Laura said...

Gorgeous flowers! love them!

Lx

Sarah xx said...

Cute - reminds me of pomanders that we used to make as kids!! Really pretty papers used too xxx