Thursday 23 December 2010

Happy Blogmas

Well it's been ages again! I won't bother with excuses, lets just say life, and more importantly, Christmas got in the way. Luckily though I have been well organised enough to have done most of my preparation in advance and so the holidays so far have been relaxing and creative. In between little Christmassy bits and pieces I have watched Toy Story 3 (loved it!), been for a festive coffee or two and spent some much longed for time in my craft room.

Here's a layout I started and was left unfinished for about 2 weeks...unheard of with me! This little pup is providing me with endless cute photos to scrap, he's growing so quick and I wanna remember him being so little and sweet (might try and forget the naughty bit tho!!)
It's based on another sketch from the Sketches2scrapbook app. Can't remember which now??

I bought a couple of the Circa 1934 Cosmo papers at the Getaway and have just got around to using them. This photo is of my friends Emma and David, the photoshoot was my birthday present to Emma but as they had just got engaged it was extra special. I just love this photo, it just seems to sum them up. They love it too and have a massive canvas of it in their living room.
Yesterday, after a really long wait (blinking royal mail!!) my Dec kit arrived. It's so gorgeous and I was really pleased that I treated myself to a couple of the extra bits cos now I have loads of fabby Christmas stash to get stuck into. And I've already got stuck into it!
Last week my best friends got engaged, I was relieved as I had been keeping the secret for ages. Laurence told me he was going to propose and asked me what I thought of the ring and what size he should get about six weeks ago but told me not to breathe a word....which I did but it was so hard as Sarah is always the first person I tell any juicy gossip!
As it was a december proposal it had to be scrapped with Christmas stash! I used the kit and added one sheet of Dear Lizzy Christmas that I already had and went so well with the rest of the kit.
So now to enjoy Christmas before the best part of two years of Maid of Honour madness commences!!
Tomorrow is our family party. This year is a masked ball complete with £50 secret santa (our main present to each other) and the presentation to our Strictly sweepstake winners, amongst I'm sure lots of eating, drinking and much merriment. Christmas day will see our house full (sounds like the rest of the year) and lots of food (nothing new there then) and I've been very good so I think Santa might leave a little something in my stocking!
So that just leaves me to wish you, my lovely blog followers, a very merry Christmas
xxxxxx


No comments: