Monday 12 April 2010

Why Go Abroad??

When we have this on our doorstep?? I have had the best week, the weather was great, I have a bright red head, chest, nose and arms to prove it!! There was great food, too much drink and great company and I have come back feeling full of the joys of spring!
Mum and I over looking Burrator Reservoir, gorgeous huh?
Those little dots are my family walking along the top of Sharpitor
And then some Easter fun...my baby cousins enjoying egg rolling....
One of our family dogs enjoying duck racing!!
And of course the Egg hunt, check out his photo smile....too cute!!!
Of course being surrounded by all that beauty made me feel very creative. While I was there I bought this to make something gorgeous for our caravan, I'll update you when it's done but you can probably guess what I am planning.
Our evenings just flew by and we enjoyed some crochet lessons. My sis showed me how to make these gorgeous roses. Luckily there are a wealth of great places to buy wool in Tavistock so I went straight out and bought this gorgeous pink cotton/bamboo mix and whipped up a few straight away.....
Those are for another ongoing project which I will update you on soon.

And then there was a little bit of scrappiness, not much I have to say, but when we got there, after the busy week I'd had I was desperate to scrap so I did these three layouts....
A march gogo one with a musical theme to suit the kit.
A christmas one to use up some of my festive stash mountain!!
A few random embellies that needed using up.
Cute corner detail.
I have to say that I am still not sure about this one.....
Yes that is my neice and best friend putting their whole fist in their mouth.....so ladylike!!
A real mixture of random embellies!
So now it's back to normality, well almost, still a week of school hollies to go. Today my new iPhone arrived, I love it and haven't put it down all day! And tomorrow I am hoping my new OA goodies will arrive so lots to look forward to!
Hope you had a great Easter xxx

3 comments:

Sarah xx said...

Glad you are having such a great time on your hols and even managing to find time to crochet and scrap - well done you! Great LO's, love all the extra little details xxx

Clare said...

Your rose looks better than mine! Lush!! C x

Glen said...

WOW! You HAVE been busy. Finding time to scrap and knit on holiday - a fab idea of a relaxing one in my opinion. Lovely layouts and great to use up old stash. Love the views. TFS. ~Glen~