Thursday 15 April 2010

Lots to Share

This week I have been making a steady return to the real world after being in full on holiday mode and struggling to get out of it! I haven't even been as much of an internet addict as I usually am, unless it's on the iPhone of course!! I have been crafting though and I thought my good followers in blogland deserved a decent post so here you go....

Anyone who has read this blog knows that I am obsessed with one particular paper manufacturer and since CHA in January there has only been one line that was ever going to really satisfy my crafty hunger. If you don't know who I mean, it's October Afternoon of course, and if you haven't seen their stuff before get yourself over to the Craft Emporium (warning: it will hurt your credit card!!) Anyways, the two new collections finally arrived with me this week and I couldn't resist cutting into it immediately. I made these layouts with the Fly A Kite collection.

My cousins Leah and Chloe, egg rolling on Dartmoor. I just adore the shape stickers. I was pleased with the way the paint mist worked too.
I then did this one of Edward on the Easter Egg Hunt. I love that this collection is suitable for boy or girl layouts.
I doesn't show up well in this picture but I used Glossy Accents to make the strawberry pips textured.
I added a little detail to the corner too. Those label stickers really rock!!
Yesterday really was my lucky day as the postman also bought me this.....
What I think is gonna turn out to be my all time fave Gogo kit (not that I don't say that every month!! This month just confirms one of the reasons I love getting a kit. There are certain embellishments that I just wouldn't fork out for, like these JBS pins and buttons because they are too expensive but because they come in my kit I get to try them out.
I am just constantly in awe of those gogo girls, their eye is so fantastic, they manage to make each and every kit completely individual and come up with great ideas, like this amazingly cute mini canvas, so cool.
So again, I just couldn't wait to get stuck in so I did this....
My cousin Chloe is going through an unbelievably girly phase, at only two years old, I think it may be because she has a boy twin. Anyway, she refuses to wear anything but skirts or dresses so last week on holiday when it was too cold to wear skirts her Mum would make her wear trousers underneath, giving her the appearance of a slightly mad bag lady but so cute and full of personality!!
I am loving those embellishments so much that I just have to cram plenty on!

And finally I have fitted in a couple more hours of crochet and am now up to 5 roses.
I also forgot to show you this pressie my Auntie bought me to thank me for the baby book I made her, that you lovely peeps left me so many great comments about. My nickname in my family since I started wearing glasses is Specs so she saw this and thought of me! It's a bit soft to keep my glasses in but I went out for a crafty day today and used it to hold bits and pieces, so it's being used well.
In other news this week, I have spent some lovely time with my two besties, having a cosy drink and a good natter with one and plenty of wedding talk with the other. She is hoping to book it this week, I told her I couldn't wait cos I found a wedding countdown app!! I also downloaded 'Here Comes The Bride' and assigned it as her ringtone!!!
I have really enjoyed this holiday and it's been a good restful one but I am raring to get back to school and get busy again, I love the next two terms when the weather starts getting nicer, it's gonna be loads of fun.
Hope you are all having a fab week
B xxx

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Beautiful LOs & I love the roses :)

Jackie xxx said...

WOW some great layouts. Ya! to OA, not cuts into mine yet, buts it is just lush. Love those roses.

Sarah xx said...

Glad you had a good holiday Beki - those LO's are really cute! Sadly my kit got delivered to the wrong address so won't get my hands on it for a bit - boo!! Next months looks even more stunning!! xx

Claire Crompton said...

Gosh you have been busy Beki. Gorgeous layouts as usual and those roses are to die for!!

Cx

Janice said...

Thank you for your lovely comments about our Kits Becki - we love sourcing new products to include and get so much pleasure from seeing everyone's creations! Love your latest that you've uploaded to the gallery :)
xx